Saturday, March 12, 2011

Guess Who's Back!

So it's been quite a while since I posted.  Last you heard I was pregnant and I'm writing a smoothie E-book.  Well, I'm still writing the book, and I had our beautiful son (Nathan) on Janary 14th! 

So much has happened in the past few weeks that for the sake of my health, sanity and thrivation (I'm the author, I can make up words as I go along.)  I'm going back raw... again.  This time is different and here's why:

My amazing, wonderful, sweet, meat-and-potatoes husband was just diagnosed with diabetes.  Everyone's heard of it, but what it means is that his cells arent' absorbing the sugar in his bloodstream anymore.  He's on a pill, not insulin shots and he has to monitor his BSL and we'll find out more as we go along.  Don't know if it's type 1 or 2 yet, but he has ZERO signs that he's type 2, for instance, he's not older (33!), he is in no way obese (185lbs at 5'11"), he's not having any problems, vision, sensory, kidney, liver, etc. 

How we found out was we went to get life insurance.  the bloodwork came back on him and they refused him.  I'm just thankful that we found this out NOW instead of in a few years, when he's driving on the interstate and passes out or something.    It's a scary thing.

So, we've made a pact and I basically told him: "You ARE going raw with me".  He is choosing his health, so now it's my duty to find recipes he'll like.

No comments:

Post a Comment