Sunday, August 28, 2011

Raw Pregnancy!

I am having a raw pregnancy this time.  I want the absolute best for my body and in all honesty, being this big (dare I say obese) during pregnancy is hell on my joints.  My hips are already hurting, BUT I'm getting plenty of nutrients in what I'm eating.  I have lost 9 lbs this week.  I'm rather excited about that!

I know with the SAD (Standard American Diet) pregnant are expected to gain weight.  I get this, because you want the baby to grow.  Why do you need to gain 30 lbs?  (standard)  You only NEED to gain the weight that baby is, the placenta and the fluids.  How is htis a hard concept?

Well, you shouldn't be dieting while pregnant.
you're right.  you shouldn't.  Raw food isn't a diet.  I am eating nutritionally what is right for me and my baby.  Answer me a question:  which is better, a bag of cheetoes or a bag of salad?  any idiot (and some smart people) will of course say salad.  So why is it a major deal that I'm eating salad more than anything else?

I don't see what the problem is.  I"m getting 100% nutrition and yet people are worried about me getting nutrition.  Sure, makes sense to me.

What about detox?
my thought on that is this- I'm not a medical doctor, I don't work for hte FDA and if you follow what I'm doing it's on you, not me.  Now, with that disclaimer said, even though I might detox into my blood, 1, the placenta is a filter, 2, I am flushing those toxins out.  They're not staying in my body.  3- if I continue to eat a greasy cheeseburger, my cells become made of that.  my cells become nutrient deprived and "greasy".  So do my unborn child's.  I breast feed to give my children the best start.  The most normal, natural, healthy food for my children, (and I'm doing it to this day!) why wouldn't I start that in-utero?

Well, last night I made some date mini donut holes and some cauliflower popcorn (I've posted that earlier).  Zoe helped suck down the popcorn, and they both helped me eat the donut holes.

The donut holes recipe:
I didn't measure anything, so I'm winging this.  PLEASE suit it to your taste!  All measurements are "about".
cup or so of dates, pitted
2T cacao nibs
1/2 c. shredded coconut
1 c. walnuts (soaked)
tsp vanilla extract
few pinches of sea salt.

process in a food processor until almost a paste consistency.  scoop out using a mini scoop, and put on dehydrator sheets.  dehydrate 12-14 hours at 115*.  remove to plate (or glass mason jar).  Just try to deny these to your kids.  HA!

Btw, I started this week at 250, and I'm now down to 241!  WHILE pregnant.  rather excited.  (funny thing, I don't look like I weigh that much, but it still is hard on my joints while I'm pregnant).

as I'm writing this, the baby is kicking giving me the "kid tested and approved" recipes! LOL!!

My next endeavour will be an ice cream maker.  There's some nut ice creams that I am wanting to make.  Ani Phyo has an AMAZING coconut one!!  No really, ask Charlie, I've eaten BOWLS of this multiple times before I was pregnant last time and it was hard for me to keep it in stock!  It was so delicious and I craved it.

Well, I'm going to sign off for now, but 9 lbs down.  6 more weeks until Charlie comes home.  I'm hoping to surprise him!  I'll post pics of progress when I get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment