Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Chia Chai Pudding. Oh, so delicious!

How many of you like chai?  I am in LOVE with the creamy spicy goodness that is chai tea.  What I'm NOT in love with is the over abundance of fat and heavy sleepy feeling I get with it.  I'm also not in love with the weight gain and the sugar rush.

But the flavor and texture are phenomenal!   What's a raw girl to do?

Chai Chia pudding of course!  oh, hello creamy deliciousness!!

What I used:
1 1/2 C. almond milk.
1 c. water
spices:  Cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg and allspice - I didn't measure these, I just threw them in the blender.
5 medjool dates (pitted!)
1/4c. chia seeds.

Blend 1st 5 ingredients in your high speed blender until mixed smooth.  if it's too thick, add a little more water.  I used about 1/2 the liquid (because I want the rest for tomorrow's breakfast)

pour into bowl and mix in chia seeds.  Let stand until chia seeds are swelled up.  It'll have a seedy tapioca feel to them.  I currently have mine chilling out in the fridge!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment