Monday, December 8, 2014

Where I'm coming from... and where I'm going.

Many people have amazing memories of their parents serving them meals when they grew up.  I grew up eating, but it wasn't food by any standards.  It was colorful boxes that tasted good but were crap.  Loaded with hydrogenated fats, MSG, transfats, nastyness that was anything but good for you.  That is, when we weren't eating out.  Thursdays were pizza night.  I remember that becuase it was girl-scout night and that was the day that we'd get pizza; I guess it was more convienient than a crockpot for my parents.

Anyhoo- I learned soemthing a few years ago.  I was really into eating healthy and weight lifting etc.  Except I wasn't eating healthy.  I didn't realize it.  I was lied to.  I was addicted to Oxygen magazine- and Tosca Reno, who while awesome and promoted health, added synthetic foods and animal proteins in their diet and touted them as health.

"You need protein from animals to build muscle".
"protein powders and have a shake for breakfast".
Protein, protein, protein.  Atkins diet- that's loaded with protein, but they don't tell you about all the problems associated with an overload of protein.

But do we really need that much?  The largest most powerful animals on the planet don't use animal protein.  They get everything they need from plants and so should we.

Did you know that you get more useable protein from leafy greens than you do from meat anyway?

So, that is where I come from- tons of confusing information and what you "have" to eat by the "Experts" in order to be magazine-perfect.  yeah, no.  I just want to be happy.  Being "perfect" is too much to live up to.  Seriously, there's no room for error in perfect.  One misstep, and you're under scrutiny.  I just want to be healthy.  With my asthma and my heart skipping the other day, it scared the crap out of me.

What I am doing:  getting back to nature, listening to what our original diet was supposed to be in the Garden of Eden (read Genesis 1:29), and working one week, one day at a time.  in my first 7 days, I'm down 10 lbs, and I'm happy.  Now, my next goal is 10 more lbs.   I will be adding some light workouts to my routine.  I have DDP Yoga and I'm thinking of starting that again.  I will also be walking more.  But In all honesty I'm not a fan of exercise.  And I can also give hte excuse that I don't have that much time, but I can do other things like turn housework into exercise.

Anyhoo, taht's where I am, and that's where I"m going.

Hugs, Rawkstars!



No comments:

Post a Comment