Wednesday, December 17, 2014

HOLY YUMALICIOUS cookies!

Okie dokie, today I made some oatmeal cookies.  I've been craving oatmeal.  and chocolate.  Truthfully, I think I"m going to start my "ladies days" here.  Either that or I"m pregnant already.  Not entirely sure which, but we'll find out soon, won't we?

Anyhoo, that has absolutely nothing to do with this post other than I've been craving chocolate and oatmeal.
SO, I combined my love for both into a cookie today.  All I have to say is this:

So. good.

Oh, and I didn't measure a THING, so this is what I used and I"ll tell you approximately how much so you can eyeball along with me.

About 3 cups (or so) of Oats.
a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder,
melted coconut oil (1/4-1/2 c.?)
and agave to sweeten.
pinch or so of sea salt,

Here's what I did:  put the oats in the mixer.  add a squirt of two of agave.  and start mixing.  add some melted coconut oil and agave until it's sweet and sticky.  add cocoa powder.  (less is more, people.  start with less and work up from there.)  once sufficiently damp (NOT wet!) scoop out, I used a cookie scoop that was enormous and now that I know better, next batch will be smaller.

Be forewarned- it will be loose.  scoop onto freezer or parchment paper or even waxed paper- your choice.  Place in freezer until hardened.  enjoy.  it was phenomenal.

I was talking to Charlie (love of my life!) and he suggested that I do 12 cookies of Christmas.  and I"m thinking- yeah.  I just might. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment