Tuesday, December 2, 2014

I don't know how I feel right now.

So, something interesting happened to me on Thanksgiving.  My heart stopped.  Literally, my heart stopped beating for a few seconds.  Scared the CRAP out of me.  It just confirmed that I need to do this.  While I'm sitting here writing this, I"m dining on grapefruit.  I might have a few of them, but I"m sititng here smelling my family eat pizza and I'm eating grapefruit.  Do you know how depressing this is while your family still eats SAD?  I am doing all I can not to eat crap.

I started at the heaviest I"ve ever been.  Having had another baby in April of this year, I let myself go.  I let myself be put on the back burner.  and it's time that I put myself first.

In the spirit of doing that, I have auditioned for Les Miserables and had callbacks yesterday.  I find out tomorrow if I got the part!  I'm excited!

So, after doing some research in the Bible, (I'm a Christian and I don't apologize for it.) I've found that all of our needs are met.  This is what I've found:  God has given us directions on how to eat -straight out from the gate.  Genesis 1:29- right after he created Adam He said "Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."  (NIV)  This is the optimal way to eat.  Yes, after the flood, God gave us meat- because all of the plants were dead AND it said in the Bible that we weren't supposed to live for several hundred years.

This tells me 2 things- 1, we have a perfect plan of eating; nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables.  Basically if it grows and isn't born or hatched it's good. 2- plants are the key to longer life.  Eating the "original plan", we will have a longer life.  I don't know about you, but I want to be around for my children.  They deserve a mama who is here.

With all of that, I'm now officially over my pizza craving, so I'm going to have some more grapefruit and enjoy my health that's coming. :)

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment