Wednesday, March 24, 2010

allergies and what I can/can't have.

So years ago I got tested for a food allergy that I have.  Apparently I'm allergic to seafood, not just shellfish.  Well, the doctor that I got tested by (a morbidly obese man who had a myriad of health problems and addictions himself telling me what I need to do to get healthy!) said "well we tested you for both seafood and shellfish and you're allergic to both, so don't eat seaweed because I would guess that you're allergic to that too." 

being younger and stupider (yes it's actually a word) I took his advice, after all- he went to med school, he knows, right?  Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. 

well the other day, I made a smoothie that I added spirulina to.  spirulina is a blue-green microalgae that has numerous health benefits and is from ancient times.  The aztecs would use ropes to harvest it and dry it into square cakes and use it for nutritional supplement.   It's a complete protein and in it's dried form, has about 55% in it.  It also totes potassium, calcium, copper, chromium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, sodium, and zinc

good stuff.

Not to mention, spirulina inhibits HIV replication in human T-cells.  It also helps protect against hay fever.  All around, good food. 

Now, I added 1/4 tsp to a smoothie that I made 3 quarts of and I didnt' have a reaction so I will try more. today. :)    **** I'm running short on time, but I will post more in a little while on this subject.***

No comments:

Post a Comment