Monday, March 22, 2010

I woke up feeling great!

So, I woke up feeling amazing, despite news I got last night.  My body feels healthier.  I did something very good for me yesterday.  It HAD to be the cauliflower.  Well, this morning, because I feel so much better I'm going to be making myself a smoothie.  I will be adding 1/4 teaspoon of either spirulina or kelp.  Why is this a big deal you ask?  well, I'm allergic to seafood, and the doctor told me that included seaweeds and even some hydroponically grown vegetables.  I don't know if conventional medicine just lumped it all in, but for years I've been carefully watching what I've put in my mouth, not realizing that it's been toxic for my system.  For example, I'd go for the "all natural" ice cream instead of the cheaper kind made with carageenan. 

You should have seen Charlie's face when I told him what the kelp and spirulina were.  He about smacked it out of my hand!  He's worried about my health, and I don't blame him.  I worry about his too.

Well, I promised him I would start slow and if I felt any adverse reactions, I would call 911 immediately.  So, I'm thinking of adding just a small amount to test my system, and to see if it truly was the seaweed that was trying to kill me.  Should be fun if I AM truly allergic to what I was told I am. 

Now, I SHOULD tell you that when the "test" was administered, it wasn't a scratch test- the seafood part was, but the doctor assumed the sea veggies were part of that.  I didn't doubt him, I was a lot younger and MUCH stupider then and was taught to always trust doctors advice.  apparently they're supposed to know what is best, and thinking back on it, why would I take advice from a chain smoking morbidly obese balding middle-aged man when it comes to my health???  Yeah, doesn't make sense to me now either.

Well, my green smoothie will consist of kale today, strawberries, peaches, 1/4 tsp spirulina 1/2 tsp beet powder, and water.  maybe a little agave- I'm still trying to transition to the flavors of veggies I'm not familiar with.

wish me luck and I'll probably get more cauliflower for lunch.  yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment