Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dessert-o-rama!

This one's for the girls- and you KNOW you're with me when you're about to start you NEED that chocolate covered salt lick.

So, yesterday I made myself some chia seed pudding.  I got the chia seeds at whole foods' (whole body version) in their bulk section.  It was REALLY good!

1 cup cashews - soaked

Dash of vanilla
Honey or agave nectar
pinch of sea salt
1 1/2 c. water
1/4 cup chia seeds

blend everything but chia seeds in blender until smooth.
add to chia seeds in a medium sized bowl.

If you're worried about sweetness of agave or honey, do it to taste.  a few tablespoons should do it.

Vanilla cream with strawberries:
1 c. cashews soaked for 1 hour, rinsed and drained.
1/4c. agave
1/2 vanilla bean or few dashes of vanilla extract
1/4-1/2 c. water (or more depending on what you need)
2 tablespoons warmed coconut oil

put all but water into blender or food processor.  Blend until thick and creamy.

Glazed strawberries
slice fresh strawberries and toss in a few tablespoons of agave nectar. 

Layer vanilla cream  and strawberries alternately in a glass.  top with sliced strawberry. 
** can add raw granola for crunch.
*** can also make the same cream with almonds and almond extract. 
**** use any fruit you want.

raw reeses cups  I'm going to make these and come up with a chocolate explosion blog in a little while.  I have another blog to post on my smart savvy homemaker diva blog and then I will do that!  hugs!

I'm thinking about writing a raw food un-cook book.  it'll be the easiest way to get my happy butt making some recipes I really want to eat, huh??

No comments:

Post a Comment