Friday, October 23, 2009

Biblical reasoning for going RAW

So before anyone goes new age on me, I feel I need to tell you: I'm a Christian. I fully believe in Christ and his sacrifice so I may have new life, however I don't tell you this to push it down your throat I tell you this to give you some background on why I believe this is healthy.

before the flood, we were vegetarians. We ate what came from the earth and it nourished our bodies. We ate good things, and in the bible people were living for hundreds of years. We started eating meat and the life expectancy declined drastically.

coincidental? maybe. likely to be coincidental? not really.

Here's a blog I wrote back in May when I did this the first time:


Food is the focal point of my life for the past 30 years, and it will continue to be, but I'm trying to find out what God's plan for my food intake is.

Well, the only place I know to look for God's info is in His word, so I went back to the bible. Yes, we are allowed to eat animals, and there's even a God-approved way to prepare them from slaughter to the way they're eaten, however I am looking further back, because meat was given to us after the flood which was of course after the fall from God's grace and provision.

So, back in God's perfect plan for us, God gave us every plant that yielded seed on teh face of the earth and every tree with seed in it's fruit for food, according to Genesis 1:29. Now, back then it was just Adam and Eve, and teflon pans or 18/10 stainless steel wasn't readily available. They didn't eat the flesh of animals (which, btw, I'm not against this- I am just making a personal choice on NOT eating it. It has nothing to do with morals because I think that meat is a GREAT source of protein, and certain ones like chicken, turkey and bison (super yum!) are fabulous sources of proteins and vitamins, and I still think PETA is one of this country's biggest douche bag propaganda companies out there) because they had all sorts of amazing fruits and vegetables. Neither did they cook them to an oblivion and make a mush of the fresh broccoli, or sauteeing vegetables until they chemically alter because of the heat to create a sugary mess in your body. PLEASE note, this is for food only, no where in the bible (to my knowledge) does it talk about "natural" drugs i.e. pot or opium. He DID give us all plants and herbs for medicine, but that's another blog.

The coolest thing is after God gave us all of those fruits and veggies that are superpacked with vitamins, minerals, and flavor, he saw that it was good. As in, how he planned that we should live. We were the ones who screwed everything up.

What is food? Food is fuel for our bodies. It's not just a necessity, it's a pleasure. We use all of our senses to dine. Taste is obviously first and foremost on the list and so is texture. After all, if it tastes great but feels like a bowl of snot, you're not going to eat it. However if it has the best mouth-feel ever but tastes like cardboard- will you wrap your lips around it more than twice? me neither. Now, smell makes you taste food more. It actually helps you achieve more taste, and when it comes to sight- go to a restaurant. no, not anwhere it can be supersized, but somehwere with a table with linens instead of a McScrub-down. seriously, sight is your first enounter with food. Seriously, if fast food restaurants advertized what their burgers actually looked like when served, no one would EVER eat there! and lastly, we have sound. The crunch of fresh lettuce, or the sound of pure water being poured, you incorporate these into your food rituals.

Where do the FDA standards come into play? We all know that this government tries their hardest to determine where we stand, and how we should eat, regulating what we put into our bodies, and demanding allegiance to them in our school systems via the food pyramid (which I find funny- recently changed. huh. apparently not everyone fits into their little mold, huh?) The FDA likes to cram us all into a neat little mold that everyone should fit into to make us uniform people. we eat 3 square meals a day, adn that should be plenty, well guess what- it's not! My children and I are grazers. I'd rather eat a little all day, than sit down and snarf food until I'm busting a gut 2 or 3 times a day. Who wants to live like that?! I'd rather eat when I'm hungry, and stop when I'm not.

But, I'll be doing more research into what God says is appropriate, but as of right now, bring on the raw fruits and veggies. :D I'm actually looking forward to it! I want to taste what the food tastes like without my interference. I also want to taste what recipes I can come up with without having to cook. (how awesome is that?!)

Thanks for reading. I'll update this soon.

**********************************************************************************
update:

I've been finding scripture that pertains to my body and how I should keep it healthy to enhance my relationship with God. I think that's why some vegans are more "spiritual" than others; becuase they get the relationship between themselves and their creator, some just deny their real creator.

here are some scriptures that I have found, and if you find any, please let me know.

"You realize, don't you, that you are the temple of God, and God Himself is present in you? No one will get by with vandalizing God's temple, you can be sure of that. God's temple is sacred-- and you, remember, are that temple."

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 (The Message)



Jeremiah 17:14 (Amplified Bible)

14Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for You are my praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment