Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Raw food day 1.

WOOHOO! I've made a decision, and I've put myself on a challenge. Now, before I start saying anything, or encouraging you to do the same please note that I am NOT under the care of a physician while I do this, this is just me experimenting on me.

Now, I've started a 30 day challenge. Starting today, I am eating nothing but raw food. The main staples of this diet are seeds, nuts, grains, fruits and veggies. No meat, no dairy, no eggs. Now it should be noted here, that I have no problems eating animals, and I feel that they were put on this earth to help us, so please don't go all psycho on me about how eating meat is murder, or how vegans rule and why. I'm not strictly a vegetarian, as I totally enjoy eating several different types of meat, I'm just trying something.

So, why I'm doing this: Well, I have several reasons. 1- I went on raw foods a few months ago, and I've NEVER in my life felt better. My asthma cleared up for the most part, my skin glowed in that pregnancy glow that we only get when we're pregnant, and my hair and nails were super healthy. I didn't ache, I lost weight, I stood taller, and every system worked properly (if you get my drift) as it should.

Now, before you guys say "oh well, you have the time to eat like that" let me tell you a little about my life.

I am a hardworking mother of two, I own a business, and I'm in the process of a divorce- all are major stress factors, and to top it off, I'm packing up a house to move 15 hours away from my current house, and am homeschooling my oldest child who is 5. My youngest is 3, so no I barely have time to sit down to pee, let alone take care of myself, HOWEVER I will be for the next 30 days. I need to be my own mother and make sure that I'm getting what I need to be healthy. after all, if I'm not healthy, who will take care of my children?

I want to encourage you to write to me with any questions or thoughts, or especially encouragements! I can use all the help I can get, but even if I don't I'm doing it anyway. LOL.

Now the BIGGEST common question that is asked "where do you get your protein?"
Good question. the most usable source (so I'm told) of protein is in green leafy veggies. I am eating TONS of them, so I don't have to worry about it.

-isn't that expensive, buying all of those veggies?
no! I spent $153 on groceries yesterday, but that was for 2 weeks of food, and included some not-so-good foods for my kids. this challenge is just for me, but if you ate more vegetation, you would actually spend less. Think about this: which do you get more of- $5 worth of apples or $5 worth of meat?

So here's the embarrassing part for me. My starting weight. As of this morning, I weighed in at 238. this is the heaviest I've EVER been, and it's because I haven't been taking care of myself. I've allowed myself to stress eat and what I chose was sugary not-so-good for you chow. Now, ask anyone who knows me, I don't eat massive quantities of food, in fact I've been known to skip meals altogether because I just haven't been hungry. It sounds absurd but it's true. I don't know my measurements but I will get them soon and write them down, as well as take a few pictures.

I am also going to keep track of my moods, and my abilities, as well as my medication intake (i.e. inhaler) also, if it goes well for me I'll be expanding my experiment. :)

Health and blessings everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment